Adam Jimenez of Charleston, South Carolina’s Emeline Hotel, offers his take on this classic brunch beverage to kickstart your day.
The clever addition of mushroom powder adds a touch of umami flavor, which Jimenez says really makes the cocktail. Versions of the powder can be found in many grocery stores, including Trader Joe’s and Target.
Emeline Bloody Mary
Yields: about 5 cups
- 24 oz canned or fresh tomato juice
- 8 oz vodka, or more to taste
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz orange juice
- ⅓ oz Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ oz cayenne pepper sauce, preferably Cholula
- ¼ oz hot pepper sauce, preferably Tabasco
- 3 Tbsp white prepared horseradish
- 2¼ tsp mushroom powder
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
In large pitcher, stir all ingredients with whisk until well blended. Stir before each use. If not serving right away, refrigerate up to 10 days.